Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Love Lasagna!!!

Time to eat

Before and after


It's summer, and that means that it is hot out, so normally I try to avoid cooking in my stove, but tonight I had the impulse to make lasagna and garlic bread.  This is how I did it.

you need:
package lasagna noodles (I like organic whole wheat)
jar of sauce.
6 cloves Garlic
bunch of Kale
1 small yellow onion
2 medium carrots.
6-8 mushrooms
1 package Smart Ground (fake meat)
16oz Ricotta cheese
8oz shredded mozzarella
small bunch of parsley
some shredded parm.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
cook 9 lasagna noodles (leaving them al dente).
meanwhile, chop then saute garlic, onions, kale, carrots, and mushrooms.  Add Smart Ground at the end just to mix it in and warm it.  Set this aside.  Now, chop the parsley and put it in a large bowl.  Mix in ricotta cheese and mozzarella.  Still with me?  Okay, in a glass baking dish, put down a thin layer of sauce, and  place 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise.  Slather some of the cheese mixture on top of the noodle (about 1/3- 1/2).  evenly spread half of the veggie mixture.  Sprinkle some parm on that, and dump a little bit of sauce on top of that.  Add three more noodles, and make another layer like the first, using the rest of the ingredients.  Add the last three noodles on top of that, put a small layer of sauce on top of the noodle, sprinkle some parm on top of that and then a little ground black pepper.  Damn, this is gonna be good.  Now, cover the top with tin foil and put in the oven.  After 30 minutes take the foil off the top and keep cooking.  I think I'll let you figure out how to do your on garlic bread.  I'm hungry, and the lasagna has cooled just enough.

Ciao, JEFF

No comments: